IamEmpowering.org, an organization whose primary purpose is to empower youth, equip future leaders and transform communities is proud to announce their 2nd annual Gift of L.O.V.E. Toy Drive.
IamEmpowering has made a commitment to the Staten Island community to offer their monthly leadership and development events to youth ages 13 to 18…. 100% FREE.
“We believe everyone should have a chance to become the best they could be and
that is only possible through education, leadership development and the mentoring of our next generation”
Chad & Danielle Reyes. Co-Founders of IamEmpowering
At the core of IamEmpowering , we believe giving back to our local community is key to a successful and sustainable community, thus the launch of our Gift of L.O.V.E. Toy Drive. This year our goal is to provide over 1,000 gifts to youth, teenagers and young adults (infant to 21 years old) who will be spending their Christmas in one of the hospitals on Staten Island. With any of the additional gifts leftover, we plan to distribute them to Staten Island organizations who work closely with families who are less fortunate during this Christmas season.
One of the unique aspects of the Gift of L.O.V.E. Toy Drive initiative is the involvement of our regular youth attendees (ages 13 to 18) from our monthly IamEmpowering and IamEmpowering GO! events. Many of them will be helping to share the Gift of L.O.V.E. message, gather toys , wrap the presents we receive and ultimately help deliver the toys to the numerous recipients throughout the Staten Island community.
For many the Christmas season is not a joyous one…but for us, it is a way to share L.O.V.E. and spread joy during the Christmas season.
In accordance with our mission, we have been extremely fortunate to have the support of our IamEmpowering guest speakers, sponsors and supporters:
· Cory Schifter, Owner of Casale Jewelers
· Katia Gordon, Director of Staten Island Regional and Community Affairs of conEdison
· Frank and Anne Bennett, Owners of A.F. Bennett Salon and Spa and Paul Mitchell Partners School
· Mark Tranchina, Owner of The Vanderbilt, South Fin Grill, Arirang, Grand Oaks Country Club and Grand Plaza
· Dan Caropreso, President and CEO of Magicx Studios
· John DiFazio, Owner of Faztec Industries and DiFazio Industries
· Glen V. Cutrona, Owner of Cutrona Architecture, PLLC
· Jake Dery, Owner of General Moving Carriers
· Christopher Reyes, Founder of Athelite Player Development, Inventor of CatcherMtrx and Creator of Athelite Wear
· Chad & Danielle Reyes, Co-Founders of Wealth & Legacy Group, Lions Pride Leadership Co. and IamEmpowering
· John Amodio, Chairman of S.C.O.R.E. – Staten Island
· Wayne Roye, Owner of Troinet
· Brian Lincer, Internicola Law Firm